To my surprise I got tagged by Ivo and while it is the cool thing to say that you don’t like these tagging memes, I’m going to accept this one with pleasure! Here are seven things you may not know about me:
- I actually started out as a linux system engineer after high school, but decided to start an education in graphical digital design. Within one year I knew for sure that I didn’t want to design all my life, but still continued to get my degree. The second I finished school, I returned back to linux stuff and (PHP) development.
- I love to cook and enjoy a good glass of wine. For this, I’m still concidering some sort of cooking class.
- For about 8 years, I played the piano (starting when I was 5 year old), violin and saxophone. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the time to continue this, but I’d love to pick up playing piano at some point.
- When I was younger, I was sure I was going to be a paleontologist, and I collected and read about anything I could put my hands on about paleontology and dinos.
- My first experience with PHP was on a summer job, where they needed a site + CMS. I figured I’d learn PHP on the way and somehow PHP was flexible enough for me to pull it off and deliver a working site.
- I’m quite a fan of jazz music, this is mainly influenced by my dad, who enjoys playing jazz piano. Thelonious Monk is one of my favorite jazz artists.
- I always thought breaking something would be a very cool experience (because of the adrenaline boost and such), but I did come back on that opinion when I broke my arm 2 times in 4 months time.
Right now about anyone in the PHP is already tagged so I’m going to go with people that didn’t yet write their seven things and hope this blog post gets published before they do. And besides, they’re just all nice guys too :-)
- Helgi Þormar Þorbjörnsson – because he likes to say meow (and also because he likes PEARs)
- Marcus Boerger – For his work on SPL, and enjoyed meeting him at ZendCon ’08
- Ralph Schindler – For getting up at around 5am for helping out on our Bughuntday
- Pierre-Alain Joye – For helping me out with starting to write PHPT tests
- Christian Flickinger – For letting me meet the Double double animal style burger at ZendCon ’08
- Johannes Schlüter – Because I want to see if he’ll actually do this :)
- Thijs Feryn – Because I hope he will again start a blog and share his ideas with the rest of us
And here’s the rules I’m supposed to pass on to them:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some wierd.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.